Different tribes, one community.


The past 10 years, I have been living in the city and I became part of a Native community full of different tribal people. I see a few of them on a regular basis and others not as often but through social media, I keep up with their lives.  In this last decade, I have been able to spend time, create deep friendships and learn more about the tribal differences and simliarities of indian country. 

This weeks B_Rez guest shares her Brightside of Rez, a reservation that has embraced her as part of their community. Lea Belgarde, Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa, was raised on the Bishop Paiute Reservation, created a life and family on our rez.  She has been a role model for our native youth and still chasing her dreams, usually on a horse. Plus she has a great eye for capturing the beauty of our valley with her camera.  I am happy she is apart of our community.

Comments

Popular Posts