Our youth are courageous, confident & positive!

Leticia listening to words of
advice from Dennis Worden, NACA. 
A few weeks ago, I was able to spend time with some amazing young native students here in Washington, DC.  Five students on the Bishop Paiute Youth Council attending the 2014 UNITY Midyear meetings.  They were all so full of excitement, hope and confidence, I couldn't help but be inspired by them.  These five students, all come from the Bishop Paiute Reservation in Bishop, CA, so the journey just to get to DC was an adventure.  

They showed me the best part of being from the Rez, with their energy & positive attitude.  Plus, they  showed tremendous courage by letting me interview them and share it with everyone.  Just talking with them has made me confident these are our future native leaders.  

Here is the first of all the interviews that will brighten your day.  Leticia Gonzales, is a Junior and had such a sincere & cheerful personality, I can see how she charms everyone around her. This is the first of many videos we are posting for @BrightsideofRez.  Enjoy Leticia showing us…the Brightside of Rez.  

Comments

Popular Posts